By Jawuan Williams
Titans (3-2) look to complete the season sweep this week against their divisional rival the Indianapolis Colts(3-2-1). Kickoff is Sunday, October 23rd 2022 at Nissan Stadium. Start time is at 12:00p.m. CDT.
The Titans and Colts last met on Oct. 2 at Indianapolis. Running back Derrick Henry accounted for 147 scrimmage yards (114 rushing) and a touchdown, while the defense totaled three takeaways and three sacks in a 24-17 Titans victory. The result gave the Titans four consecutive wins against the Colts, which is the franchise’s longest all-time streak in the series.
Tennessee Titans @ Indianapolis Colts
Game Time: 12:00 p.m. CDT
Location: Nissan Stadium
TV: Fox / WZTV Fox 17 ( In Nashville)
TV Broadcast Crew: Andrew Catalon, James
Lofton, and Don Bell
Radio: Titans Radio, 104-5 The Zone
Radio Broadcast Crew: Mike Keith, Dave McGinnis, Amie Wells, Rhett Bryan
Line: IND -2.5
Titans Looks To Continue Dominance After Bye
The Titans went into the bye on a three game win streak after defeating the Washington Commanders 21-17. Titans defense kept the Commanders out of the end zone in the fourth quarter’s waning moments to preserve a victory. Linebacker David Long Jr. intercepted a Carson Wentz pass at the one-yard line with six seconds on the clock to seal the Titans’ third consecutive win.
The Colts have won two games in a row since they lost to the Titans in Week 4. They rebounded to beat the Broncos 12-9 in a Thursday night game in Denver, and last week at Lucas Oil Stadium, they scored with 17 seconds remaining in the fourth quarter to defeat the Jacksonville Jaguars 32-27.
3 Keys To The Game
Bring the Pressure
- Matt Ryan is one of the most sacked quarterbacks this season. He has been sacked 21 times, which has him tied for 4th most in the league amongst quarterbacks. He is also ranked 2nd in the league for most Interceptions with 7. So, getting pressure on the Colts QB is important. Linebacker Bud Dupree was a full participant in practice this week, which is good for the Titans defense.
- Defensive end DeNico Autry had a monster game in the Week 4 matchup against the Colts. He finished with two tackles, two sacks, and forced fumble.
2. Success after a bye
- The Titans seem to have great success under Coach Mike Vrabel after the bye as the team is 5-0 when coming off of a bye.
3. Can the Titans offense find some consistency
- The Titans offense has only scored two touchdowns in the 2nd half this season. Titans must find a way to score more in the 2nd half of games.
- Derrick Henry has been having his way against the Colts. In the Week 4 matchup against the Colts, Henry had 147 total yards and a touchdown. The Titans are 24-3 when Henry rushes for 100+ yards in his career and 2-0 this season. Needs one touchdown of any kind (73 career) to pass Earl Campbell (73) and tie Eddie George (74) for for first place on the franchise’s all time touchdowns list. With two more touchdowns, he will pass George for the franchise record. Henry has 70 career rushing touchdowns and three receiving touchdowns.